Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Commemorative Rapala.

Hi there,

I was offered a commemorative fishing lure, made by Rapala for a local tackle shop.
And by no one else than the winner of the 2012 Top End Barra Series, Mr. Gregory Shields.
Thank you Gregory, this is much appreciated.

It was during a nice evening at the Ski Club in Darwin, for the end of competition event.
Just by the sea, under the palm trees it was a great night.

Early evening at the Ski Club.

With the moon in the sky.

I really like this place, it is a great spot to relax at the end of any day.

But back on topic, I got a new fishing lure...
As part of his winning prizes as the 2012 champion, Gregory received this beautiful lure.
The very thing that I wanted to win in the last round of this friendly competition, but it had eluded me.
Knowing that I collect fishing lures with advertising on them, Gregory came towards me in the evening and asked me if I wanted it.
I was so surprised, that at first I believed that he was joking.
But no, he was being honest and generous and for my great pleasure, gifted it to me.
Thanks again.

The lure is a commemorative Rapala, made for the 40 years of Fishing & Outdoor World, the oldest fishing tackle shop in Darwin, NT Australia. And in a place like Darwin where fishing is an integral part of the local culture, this is saying something.
In fact, it is even my favourite shop in town.
The shop opened in 1972 and 2012 marked the 40 years anniversary... 
I wonder what they will do in 2022 to mark the 50 years...

So, want to see it?
Here it is:

The commemorative Rapala.

This is the X-Rap SXR-10. It swims to 1,2-1,8 meter (4'-6'), weight 13 grams (7/16oz.) and is 10 cm (4") long.
The colour is FOW of course!
I love to collect advertising or commemorative fishing lures, and this is my first one from Rapala, so I am very happy with it.

Yes I know, this is a blog post about a fishing lure, in which there is two photos of palm trees, and just one of the lure...

But hey, it could be worse.
Have a good day,
Me.

No comments: