Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Two of my photos in the Fish Finder book.

Hi there,

Yes I have two of my photos published in a fishing book.
And the book in question is nothing less than the famous Fish Finder (presently in it's ninth edition). The Fish Finder book is produced by the same people who run the excellent FFF forum of which I am a passionate member.

The North Australian Fish Finder.

The fish finder is known by many in the Northern Territory of Australia as the "barra bible".
For all the great tips on how and where to bag a Barramundi.
But in fact it is packed of very useful information on how to catch many different species of fishes, being in a boat or land based, in the salt or fresh water. With GPS points and photographs of many hot spots, and what techniques work where.
In fact to be honest with you, and I am not paid to write it, since I bought the edition number 8, my fishing has greatly improved.

The current edition was released in May 2011.
And slow me just realised yesterday that I had two photos in it.
When a work colleague brought the book at work and showed it to me, by chance just at the page where my photos are printed. (Thanks Gavin).
It's on page 157.

Pages 156 and 157.

Now, over the years, I already had a few photos published here and there, but never in a fishing book. 
Trust me, when I saw my 2 littles photos in the Fish Finder, it really made my day.
Photography and fishing are two of the things that I enjoy the most in life. To see them united together on a page of this book made me very happy.

Because you are very lucky, I will show you the two photos that were published in this book:

The one at the top of the page.

The one at the bottom of the page.

If you want more information about these photographs, you can search through this very blog, where they have been posted in the past, or get your hands on the book. 
I will just tell you that the guys on the images are two of my fishing buddies: Sarrge and Sheeby. How nice is that? First I was just happy to see my pix in the book, and then I realised that it is some of my friends on them.

Yes, it is true that this is only two little photographs inside of a big book. Not even the front page of it...

But hey, it could be worse.
Have a good day,
Me.

2 comments:

F MIT said...

félicitation vieux ! bon la prochaine c'est la photo de toi prise par toi en couverture ;)))) bizzz from Paname

Rambling Expat said...

Hey F Mit,

That would be nice, but very surprising...
Thanks any way.

Have a good day,
Me.