Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Rambling Expat On ABC Radio.

Hi there,

It was a real surprise to have a message from Mario from the excellent radio show Tales From The Tinny from the local ABC team.


He basically was asking me if he could do a quick interview with me, about my last fishing trip on the Adelaide River, and we did it.
Arrabmundi the very good skipper who had taken me aboard his boat for this very trip, had already talked to Mario and had told him to contact me.
This is the very simple way, on how I ended up on the radio.

Here is the link to it: The Rambling Expat on the Radio.
If you are very keen you can go through the two hours program, to hear what I say, and try to recognise my accent...
I'll give you a clue, my artist name is Pecheur, as this is my name on the FFF fishing forum.

This was a fun and unexpected experience.
Fun to do, because talking about fishing with passionate anglers is alway fun.
And I had fun listening to the program, as the guys who are doing it are real characters, in a very good way.

But yes, hearing myself, after over 15 years spent in Australia, is a bit of a shame job...
I sound like if I had just landed on the tarmac...
My shoes still full of dust from the old country...

But hey, it could be worse.
Have a good day,
Me.

2 comments:

Dr. Frankinspain said...

Great radio show. It made me laugh! The guy talking about his wife and the crocs was really funny.

Hey, fifteen years is nothing! a blink of an eye.

The enormous ones always get away.

Good job and it sounded like you had fun.

Keep on having fun. Frank

Rambling Expat said...

Hi Frank,

Yes this show is usually very funny, and I try to lesson to it as often as I can.
If I miss it, because, you know, I was fishing a good tide, then I lesson to the pod cast.

Yes fifteen years went by before I could turn around and see what was happening...

And yes, the Enormous ones are always the ones that get away... The bigger they are the better they get away, all fishermen and fisherwomen know that!
;-)

And last, yes keeping the fun is what it is all about.

Have a good day,
Me.