Wednesday, November 17, 2010

So much rain that it was a storm

Hi there,

Today we had a big storm...
As we had been flooded on a similar day in the last wet season, I rushed home from work during my lunch break, and the rain was pretty strong.

Our street started to get flooded...

Water from one side of the street to the other.

Then the water was rising and cars could not go down the street anymore.

I started to think about sand bags...


So I went and dug some sand from the little one sandpit and made some sand bags from it. Got drenched doing it.
Started to put them in front of the door, but the water was starting to go down.

So we did not get flooded this time. Yet I have trouble to understand how the council can say that every thing is alright and under control when we get either flooded or nearly flooded every years.

Where is a good planer when we need one?
This remind me of a song from the Pet Shop Boys that go a bit like this: Where is a policeman when we need one...
Strange how the brain works and makes some association sometimes...

But hey, it could be worse.
Have a good day,
Me.

2 comments:

In Amelia's World said...

Hi The Rambling Expat,

Hope the weather is okay now. We have the hard rain also in Padang, but we are lucky enough not having flood. There are a lot of tree in this neighborhood, so the water absorb by them.

Anyway, I mention you on my blog: http://inameliasworld.blogspot.com/2010/11/me-and-sea.html as someone who love the sea. Enjoy.

Regards,

-Tia-

Rambling Expat said...

Hi Tia,

Thank you for mentioning me in your blog.
And yes I do love the sea, a lot.
It is beautiful, and full of fish!
;-)

Have a good day,
Me.